Last modified: December 22, 2020
Information We Collect
Visitors: We collect information if you visit our Site or use the Outlier Platform, even if you do not establish an account with Outlier. This information includes: IP address, geographic location (country based on IP address), browser type, version and language setting and operating system type, version and language setting.
Account Creation and Use of Outlier Platform: In addition to the information above, we collect additional information when you create an account, including the following: email address, password, name of and number of employees in your company and your job title. We may also collect your phone number, if you choose to provide it. We also require you to provide additional information when you use the Outlier Platform, including your contact information (such as physical address) and credit or debit card information.
Payment Card Information: To use certain aspects of the Outlier Platform, we may require credit or debit card account information (which may include your payment card information, your email address, your mobile phone number, and billing and shipping address). By submitting your credit or debit card account information through the Outlier Platform, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors. You also agree to the following terms:
When you provide your credit or debit card account information through the Outlier Platform, your credit or debit card account information is sent directly to our third-party payment service provider, which is currently Stripe. This third party may store your credit or debit card account information.
We will not have your complete credit or debit card account information, however we will receive from Stripe a token that we may use to make charges to your card. In addition, we may also have access to certain information regarding your card, such as the card provider, the last four digits of the card number and the name on the card.
We do not store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Please see https://stripe.com/us/terms to read about the procedures Stripe uses to help protect your credit or debit card information. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control.
User Data: We collect information you voluntarily provide to us in the process of using the Outlier Platform. This includes data provided to us through third party integrations. We process such data on your behalf in accordance with the instructions received from you for as long as needed to provide our services, subject to this Policy.
How We Use Information
We may use information about you and your end users for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, analyze, improve and promote the Outlier Platform and tailor our services to our users’ needs;
- Create aggregate, anonymized benchmarks;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Outlier Platform;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above.
Sharing Your Information
We may share personally identifiable information as follows:
- With your consent;
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to perform work on our behalf;
- With analytics providers for the purpose of analyzing user data;
- When we believe that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Outlier, our users, or others; and
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
Your Choices Regarding Information and User Generated Content
Email: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information in your account settings.
Cookies and Web Beacons: You can usually instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or web beacons or to prompt you before accepting a cookie or web beacon from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies or web beacons, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Outlier Platform or all functionality of the Outlier Platform.
Messages and User Generated Content: The Outlier Platform may enable you to post comments and upload files to the Outlier Platform. We refer to all such information as user-generated content, or “UGC.” If you post UGC to publicly available areas of the Outlier Platform, for example, a public company blog, that UGC will be available to all users of the Outlier Platform. If you post UGC to sections of the Outlier Platform that are accessible only to those that have logged in using a particular company account, such UGC will only be visible to those individuals who have access to that company account.
Changing or Deleting Your Information: You may review, update, correct or delete the personally identifiable information in your account by sending a request to do so to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you completely delete all of your information, then your account may become deactivated. Please note that Outlier may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes, or as part of our regular retention practices. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected and maintained through the Outlier Platform. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us or guarantee that information on the Outlier Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized persons.
Do Not Track
We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information. We may, or we may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website.
The Outlier Platform is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or any of the practices described herein, please contact us at Outlier AI, Inc., 360 22nd Street, Suite 600, Oakland, CA 94612, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data is complicated. Outlier is simple. © 2020 Outlier AI, Inc.