You’ll have the opportunity to be Outlier’s first sales engineer, working with multiple teams to help optimize the technical selling aspect of Outlier’s award winning software. As a Senior Sales Engineer, you’ll fill a key role in ensuring our most important prospects and customers have a high quality experience with our platform. Sales Engineers at Outlier are strategic resources deployed to solve complex use cases, and possess both deep business and technical knowledge.
Outlier is the recognized leader in applying AI to business intelligence and analytics—uncovering emerging issues and growth opportunities by automatically analyzing company data and delivering simple guidance to the business user. In a world of constant and unexpected change, Outlier is growing rapidly because it provides business leaders the daily insight they need to act quickly and decisively.
Our customers include many leading global brands, and our solution has won multiple awards, including Gartner Cool Vendor, CRN Top 10 Hottest Data Analytics companies and AI Breakthrough for Marketing.
We are a family friendly company founded by experienced entrepreneurs who understand that building a company is a marathon and not a sprint. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
As a Senior Sales Engineer at Outlier, you will:
- Become the ultimate product and technology expert.
- Thoroughly understand all aspects of the Outlier platform in order to explain the technology to all types of users.
- Eliminate bottlenecks by working across multiple internal teams, including Sales, Support, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics, in order to help close deals.
- Work closely with our prospects’ business, technical, and security teams.
- Own the trial/PoC sales evaluation process from a product/technical point of view.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing and Product Management to learn how to sell our solutions and give feedback from the field.
To be a great fit for the position, you have:
- 5+ years of SaaS enterprise software sales engineering or other relevant work experience.
- Understanding of how data integrations into multiple systems work.
- Experience with AI/ML or Analytics technology is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sell value over features.
- Experience in selling to technical and business audiences.
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.
At Outlier we believe that a diverse, and inclusive workplace leads to a happier team and better product.
Outlier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and experiences and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.