Outlier is hiring our first Office Manager to help provide an optimal working environment for our growing team here in Oakland and around the world. Our team doubled in size in 2019 and are on pace to replicate that success in 2020 including moving into a new office to accommodate our rapid growth. We see this role as being critical to ensuring our office is runs optimally and overseeing the daily care of our shared workspace and provide a great experience for our team and visitors.
As an Office Manager at Outlier, you will:
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office operations are running smoothly across our Oakland, Virginia and remote teams
- Manage and maintain our office operations including but not limited to: our IT infrastructure, office layout and construction projects
- Plan and manage company events including parties, volunteering and marketing events
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Coordinate communication, activities, travel etc across both offices and for our remote employees
- Perform receptionist duties including greeting visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
To be a great fit for this position, you should have:
- Excellent Organization skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter mindset with a bias for action
- 2+ years of Office Management or Administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.