We know that design is critical to our and our customer’s success. We are looking to hire our first designer to help us better understand our customers and translate their complex needs into useful tools that can help them in their work. You will report directly to the VP of Product and collaborate closely on the vision and direction of our Automated Business Analysis product.
This is a hands-on design role in which you will talk directly with customers, build wireframes, and improve the end-to-end customer experience. We will rely on you to establish foundational design principles that will guide cross-department collaboration across both web and mobile applications.
Outlier is the recognized leader in applying AI to business intelligence and analytics—uncovering emerging issues and growth opportunities by automatically analyzing company data and delivering simple guidance to the business user. In a world of constant and unexpected change, Outlier is growing rapidly because it provides business leaders the daily insight they need to act quickly and decisively.
Our customers include many leading global brands, and our solution has won multiple awards, including Gartner Cool Vendor, CRN Top 10 Hottest Data Analytics companies and AI Breakthrough for Marketing.
We are a family friendly company founded by experienced entrepreneurs who understand that building a company is a marathon and not a sprint. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
As Lead Product Designer at Outlier, you will:
- Establish the product design vision and strategy for Outlier in close partnership with the VP of Product
- Be comfortable conducting live, interactive design sessions with members of the product and engineering teams
- Use journey maps, user flows, and system diagrams to think and communicate ideas that impact the end-to-end customer experience for web and mobile applications
- Collaborate closely with Outlier’s Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams to ensure alignment on design goals
- Validate product features meet design criteria
To be a great fit for the position, you should have:
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience designing enterprise / B2B products and workflows
- A deep background in user experience design, with particular strengths in information architecture, interaction and systems design
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, data scientists, and business stakeholders through the end-to-end-product design process
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience with Figma
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.
At Outlier we believe that a diverse, and inclusive workplace leads to a happier team and better product. Outlier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and experiences and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.