We’re seeking a Lead Product Designer to be our first designer at Outlier! You will report directly to the VP of Product and collaborate closely on the vision and direction of all products at Outlier. This is a hands on design role in which you will talk directly with customers, build wireframes, and create high res workflows. You will contract and manage freelancers or agencies as needed to assist in carrying out design tasks. We will rely on you to establish and uphold a culture of design, research and testing, and cross-department collaboration across both web and mobile applications.
As Lead Product Designer at Outlier, you will:
- Establish the product design vision and strategy for Outlier; work in close partnership with the VP of Product
- Design product features and workflows for web and mobile applications
- Collaborate closely with Outlier’s Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams to ensure alignment on design goals
- Maximize the success of Outlier’s products by incorporating customer research and understanding into product development
- Validate product features meet design criteria
To be a great fit for this position, you should have:
- 8+ years of product design experience working with enterprise design systems
- A deep background in user experience design with demonstrated proficiency in information architecture, with the ability to organize, prioritize and communicate complex data into narratives and flows that can be easily understood by business users
- Experience working in a team of designers, preferably in a lead or manager role
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.