Outlier is at the forefront of an entirely new category of products, using dozens of forms of machine learning as part of a massive data processing platform to automatically find insights in large data sets. Success for the entire company hinges on effectively managing the technology, operations and team that build and maintain that product. The future of Outlier will be built on not just the foundation of what we have today, but a continuing process of innovation and creative problem solving on our technology teams. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader, who has been on this kind of journey before, to lead us into that future.
As the Head of Engineering at Outlier, you will:
- Manage the engineering organization
- Manage a diverse team of exceptional, inclusive engineers and hire quickly in the coming years
- Implement and improve processes for engineering teams across planning, development and testing
- Communicate as the voice of engineering with the rest of the company, customers and partners
- Collaborate with all other functions in the company including Sales, Customer Success and Product to implement the company mission and goals
- Innovate around Outlier’s new model for data analysis and explore new approaches to new problems
To be a great fit for the position, you should have:
- Been the leader of an engineering team that grew from 5-20 engineers to more than 50+ engineers
- Implemented continuous delivery development models using best practices
- Implemented operations and maintenance plans to minimize downtime for continuous processing systems
- Developed long term technical roadmaps, architectural plans and hiring plans to guide complex system implementation and maintenance
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an interest in speaking on behalf of the company at industry events and customer gatherings
- A focus on the user experience and the business needs of our customers
- A passion for hiring and mentoring talented engineers at various stages of their careers
- A constant desire to learn and improve
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.
At Outlier we believe that a diverse, and inclusive workplace leads to a happier team and better product. Outlier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and experiences and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.