You will have an opportunity to learn, work, and grow as a full-stack data scientist — collaborating with multiple teams to deliver the algorithms that power our automated business analysis platform. You will join a team of data scientists that owns its work from start to finish: from brainstorming and research, all the way through to supporting and maintaining live features in production. Come help us advance our time series understanding models, improve the quality of our insights, and watch your work impact some of the largest organizations and companies in the world!
As a Data Scientist at Outlier, you will:
- Work on a variety of data challenges across our product (e.g., time series modeling, clustering, and classification; recommendation algorithms; analytics).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., product, engineering, customer success) to develop data science products and deliver value to our customers.
- Implement and deploy your work into production environments.
- Fully own, maintain, and monitor the long-term health of our data science software.
- Join an inclusive and empathic team that values you as a whole person, supporting you as a professional as well as an individual.
To be a great fit for the position, you have:
- Worked with data and coded (in a modern programming language) as an individual contributor in the past few years.
- A willingness to work (or learn to work) within a professional software development environment (e.g., writing specifications, unit tests; using version control, command-line interfaces).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A focus on the user experience and the business needs of our customers.
- A constant desire to learn and improve.
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.