At the Gartner Data & Analytics Summit, 2019, Gartner experts found “the very challenge created by digital disruption — too much data — has also created an unprecedented opportunity.*
However, as noted, we are now at the tipping point of an unprecedented opportunity. On one hand, one could argue that with information overload opportunities may abound. But, without an Automated Business Analysis platform, too many insights can create too much noise and cause analysis paralysis, which means no action is taken because the options of actions are humanly impossible. How can organizations overcome this issue?
Gartner summarizes key findings in their Top 10 Data and Analytics Technology Trends for 2019 to help shed light on this challenge and others.
- “The expanded and strategic role of data and analytics in digital transformation is increasing the complexity of data, the number of variables to analyze, and the types of analyses required for success. This is pushing the limits of current capabilities and approaches.
- Virtually every aspect of data management, analytics content, application development and sharing of insights is using machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to automate or augment manual tasks, analytic processes and human insight to action.
- Intelligent capabilities that enable emergent and agile data fabrics and explainable, transparent insights and AI at scale are necessary to meet the new demands and expand adoption.”
Two of our favorite recommendations from the Gartner report, include the following:
- “Identify the gaps in your data, analytics and organizational capabilities that prevent you from disruptive trends.
- Educate, ideate, and engage with business leaders about your strategic priorities where data and analytics can automate or augment human activities.”
Augmenting human activities is where Automated Business Analysis assists. Consider how you can help your teams be even more productive by taking the automating data analysis. Outlier finds you the unexpected changes daily so that your team can action on them immediately.
Download the full complimentary report to receive Gartner’s recommendations and strategic planning assumptions.
Gartner, Top 10 Data and Analytics Technology Trends That Will Change Your Business, 11 April 2019, Rita Sallam, Donald Feinberg, Mark Beyer, W. Roy Schulte, Alexander Linden, Joseph Unsworth, Svetlana Sicular, Nick Heudecker, Ehtisham Zaidi, Adam Ronthal, Erick Brethenoux, Pieter den Hamer, Alys Woodward